I am always looking for products that will help me simplify my life. When I was offered the opportunity to review the Magic Whiteboard, I was elated.
The Magic Whiteboard is a quick and easy way to move your whiteboard from one area to another. You can also take it with you if you need it on the go. I loved the idea of having a quick and reusable way to write my "to do" lists or a quick note to my child that I could change consistently.
When i received my Magic Whiteboard, I was immediately disappointed. It was about the size of a standard piece of paper and very thin. I know that makes the item light and portable, but there were creases all through the product from shipping. That was a quick turn off. I imagine that if it creases in shipping, it will crease when I move it from area to area.
Even with the creases, I figured I should still give it the good try and use it for its intended purpose. So I pulled out the dry erase pen that came with it and went to work. Umm, next problem. The pens would not wipe off or wash off.
This is not a product that I would recommend. If the dry erase marker washed off or even wiped off, I could have continued to test this product to verify how it held up to moving and its portability, but I could not make it that far.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Friday, April 26, 2013
As a parent, I know that I struggled with exhaustion when my children were young. There were countless nights of fussing, wanting to play, and just flat out fighting going to sleep. I am sure that most parents out there will say the same they had a similar experience.
My newest challenge has a diagnosed sleep disorder, but before he was diagnosed, there was night after night of complete frustration. If was lucky, he might fall asleep for an hour or two and then wake up refreshed and ready to run. That meant that I was getting just a couple of hours of sleep each night, working, going to school, and then coming home to a wound up toddler.
There is a new book out called The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep, by Dr. Harvey Karp, that will provide parents simple solutions to getting your children to sleep. If you even wanted an instruction manual for your children, this is a good start. The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep will not stop temper tantrums or get your child to eat vegetables, but it will give you creative ways to get your child to sleep and help save a little of your sanity.
Some information that you can gain from reading the book:
- How to train brand new babies to sleep better: Infants can be taught to sleep at least one extra hour from the first weeks of life! Dr. Karp shows how to safely boost baby sleep in just days.
- What’s the best white noise (and which ones worsen sleep): The right white noise (low pitched and rumbling) is the key to good sleep—even through teething—for all babies. Plus, it even gives parents a more restful sleep
- Why parents should always wake a sleeping baby: For good sleep, babies must learn how to self-soothe. The best way to teach babies how to fall back to sleep—when they rouse in the middle of the night—is to wake them just as they’re being put into bed.
- How to enjoy the benefits - and avoid the risks - of swaddling: Swaddling dramatically improves a new baby’s sleep. Yet, many states are shockingly banning this ancient parenting tool. Smart moms should do it and Dr. Karp will teach them how to do it properly and safely.
- The importance of powering down: Staring at bright screens at night (TVs, computers, phones) can wreak a toddler and a parent’s sleep.
- Easy "no-cry" tips that end infant and toddler bedtime struggles in just days!
Disclosure: I am participating in a book review campaign with One2One Network. I received this book from Harper Collins for the purposes of reviewing it. I have not received compensation. My participation in the campaign enters me into a drawing for a gift card. All opinions stated are my own.
Sunday, April 14, 2013
The bean bag Sack is the ultimate product for someone looking to add a comfy chair to their house! The sack creates the perfect little place to flop into after a long day. It's round shape creates an ultra comfortable 'pod' that you sink into for ultimate comfort. Skye, of Real Mom Reviews was sent a 5-foot sack that she used to replace her living rooms recliner! You can read her full review by clicking here.
What's big, comfy, and could be yours? A Comfy Sack of course! If you've ever seen or sat on a Comfy Sack in real life, you already know how awesome they are and you can just skip down to the bottom to enter to win one! If you haven't you've gotta read on- then enter to win one!
Comfy Sack big bean bag chairs are available in multiple shapes and sizes. The sack and the lounger are two of the most popular. The main difference between the Lounger and Sack is the shape. The Sack is round and the Lounger is oval. Comfy Sack Facts:
- All Comfy Sack covers are machine washable.
- Shipping is always free to 48 states.
- Each sack comes with a three year warranty on all seams and zippers on both the cover and liner.
- 90% of orders are shipped 2-4 days so you get your sack fast!
Win It: Comfy Sacks has offered one super lucky reader a 5 ft lounger or 5 ft sack. Giveaway is open to US only and ends on 5/8/2013 at 11:59PM EST. Rules can be found here. Please email Real Mom Reviews with any questions.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: All information on this post was provided by Real Mom Reviews. Grammy2Kaiden is not responsible for prize delivery.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Over the last year or so I have been a brand ambassador for Boogie Wipes. If you are not aware of what a Boogie Wipe is, the concept is very simple. They are small saline wipes designed to comfort and sooth little (and big) noses. They come in fun scents like Fresh and Grape but are also available in an unscented version.
During the month of April, Boogie Wipes is encourage children to save their sleeves and pledge to use Boogie Wipes for a change to become a Boogie Kid. 1000 kids will win a Save the Sleeve kit.
This is a great way to teach children about hygiene in a fun way!
If you think that you would like your child to take the Boogie Pledge, you can go HERE to the have them take the pledge.