Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn Munch and Movie MommyParty

 Disclaimer: I received free Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn in order to host the Werther’s Original®sponsored MommyParty. All opinions are my own.



I love to have my friend's over for a day of fun. So when I was offered a chance to host a Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn Munch and Movie MommyParty I was super excited.

 I do not know many people that do not like caramel popcorn or movies. I was thinking the combination of both should be a big hit. So all of my invites were sent out. In order to get ready for my MommyParty, I needed to make sure that I had everything prepared for party-goers of all ages.

For the kids, I used the Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn recipe for chocolate caramel clusters. It was super simple and adding chocolate to anything makes it taste even better!

The recipe (provided by MommyParty and Werther’s Original®)
Chocolate Caramel Clusters

Ingredients: 
12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips (*I used milk chocolate chips)
4 Cups of Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn
Sprinkles, shredded coconut or other toppings (optional)

Directions:
1. Line mini muffin pans with paper cups.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove top, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Place the Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn in a large bowl and pour the melted chocolate on top. Stir until well-coated.
4. Place spoonfuls of the mixture in the muffin tins and decorate with sprinkles or other toppings as desired.
5. Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes, or until set.

 Watch out for this recipe, it will cause you to eat chocolate covered caramel corn without even thinking about it! Now it is time for movies and Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn!



As all of my friends piled into my home and got settled into their seats, the popcorn treats were brought out for enjoyment. With the kids in a giant bean bag and the adults happy with a sugary treat, we all watched Soul Surfer. If you have not seen Soul Surfer, it is a very inspiring movie that is family friendly and worth while!



All of the guests at my party loved the Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn. It has a light buttery taste and that classic Werther’s taste that we all know and love. In fact,  we started the day with 11 bags of Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn (the 12th bag was used for the chocolate treats) and ended the day with a few little crumbs in one of the bags. Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn was a HUGE hit with my mommy friends and the children!






No comments:

Post a Comment