Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mat Kearney Album review

A few weeks ago, I was provided a free copy of Mat Kearney's new album called Young Love to listen to and review. I gladly accepted the invitation even though I had never heard of the artist. I am not sure what possessed me to, but I did.

When I received the CD I was hesitant to listen. Since misery likes company, I made my family listen with me. I was actually surprised that Mat Kearney's music was kinda catchy. It is upbeat and not too bad. I am not sure that I would go seek out his new music, but I would definitely know who he is if I heard his songs on the radio.

Young Love has 10 tracks. The first track is the first single to be released and it is called Hey Mama. Surprisingly, it is kinda catchy. You can watch a clip of the video with this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9qUMr6feOI&feature=player_embedded


Mat is hitting the road in September playing nearly 40 shows in US & Canada.


9/14 Jacksonville, FL Murray Hill

9/16 Charleston, SC Music Farm

9/17 Athens, GA GA Theater

9/18 Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle

9/20 Charlottesville, VA Jefferson Theater

9/23 Louisville, KY Headliners

9/24 Cincinnati, OH Bogart's

9/25 Cleveland, OH House of Blues

9/27 Interlochen, MI Corson Aud

9/29 Urbana, IL Canopy Club

9/30 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall

10/1 Des Moines, IA People's Court

10/2 Omaha, NE Sokol Auditorium

10/4 Bloomington, IN Bluebird

10/5 St Louis, MO The Pageant

10/7 Oxford, MS The Lyric

10/8 Pine Mountain, GA Callaway Gardens

10/9 Birmingham, AL Workplay Theatre

10/20 Nashville, TN Cannery

10/23 Washington, DC 9:30 Club

10/24 Baltimore, MD Ram's Head

10/25 Lancaster, PA Chameleon

10/27 Allentown, PA Crocodile Rock

10/28 New York, NY Webster Hall

10/29 Philadelphia, PA Theater of LIving Arts

10/30 Albany, NY Northern Lights

11/1 Northampton, MA Pearl Street

11/2 New Haven, CT Toad's Place

11/4 Boston, MA House of Blues

11/5 Portland, ME State Theatre

11/6 Burlington, VT Higher Ground

11/8 Montreal, QC Petite Campus

11/9 Toronto, ON Opera House

11/11 Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom

11/12 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theater

11/13 Detroit, MI St. Andrews

11/15 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall

11/17 Chicago, IL House of Blues

11/19 Madison, WI The Majestic

11/20 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue
 
To find out more about mat Kearney, you can go to his website at: http://matkearney.com/
 
 


** I am a member of One2One and I received Young Love for free to write this review. I am also eligible for prize drawings as a member of One2One.

No comments:

Post a Comment