Friday, October 7, 2011

Pre-made cinnamon butter?


Recently I received a coupon for a product that I was not too quick to jump on. The product was LAND O LAKES® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread. The only thing that came to mind was cinnamon toast for breakfast. Well, that works great for my kids, but not me. I need something a little more nutritious for break fast.

After a little searching, I found the LAND O LAKES® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread at my local Wal-mart store. There are small recipe ideas on the side of each container that made me realize that I could use this product for more that cinnamon toast in the morning. 

There are currently 5 recipes that can be found on the  LAND O LAKES website that told me to get creative. I tried the recipe for the Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies and thought they were amazing. Yes they were sweet, but still a really good treat for after dinner and a great way to entertain kids.After making the cookies I started to think of more ways to use this product. Why not use this concept to add to a gingerbread cake or cookies? Why not add a little to your curry for extra flavor? 

Needless to say, this product has become a big hit in my household. The only failure we have had was the cinnamon toast. Not that the toast did not turn out well, it was because the 3 year old in the house did not see me put "sprinkles," on his toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment