Yesterday I was very excited when FedEx left a package at my door. I could not think of anything that I was expecting. I tore open the box and to my surprise, it was the Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler that I had agreed to review several weeks ago.
I was very excited to set up the recycler. I have recycle containers everywhere, but still use my sink to “hold,” my recyclables until I am willing to carry them to one of the bins that I have. I was really hoping this would help keep my sink clear of plastic and aluminum.
The Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler is very easy to set up if you do not want to use screws. It took me about 3 minutes to install the hooks, hang it on my cabinet door and assemble the bag. I did have to adjust it on my cabinet just a little bit to allow my cabinet door to close. Now I am really excited! Not only is this tucked neatly in my cabinet, but it is in my kitchen!
One of the features of the Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler is a lid. That is a great feature. You don’t have to see what is in the bag and neither does anyone else that may be around when you open your cabinet. I found that my favorite feature is the easily removed bag, with a handle. You can grab the bag when it gets full, take it out to a larger recycle bin, and easily empty the bag. By the way, the bag that is used is leak proof and recyclable.
Here are the facts that Rubbermaid provided to me:
· Gets recyclables off the counter and hidden out of site
· Easy attachment to a cabinet door with hooks included with the product or screws (you must provide the screws)
· A convenient handle allows the bag to easily be transported to wherever your recycling is stored for pick-up or transport
· A 5 gallon bag that holds up to 36 12-ounce cans and can fit a milk jug
· The bag has a leak-proof liner and is machine washable to make it easy to clean after any unexpected spill
· The bag is soft-sided to allow for flexibility inside any cabinet
· The bag and all packaging is made from recyclable material, and the product is recyclable
So far I am very happy with this unit. My only complaint is the visibility of the hooks on the outside of the cabinet. I know this can be easily fixed by installing the unit with two small screws. I just have not had time to do that yet.
Now for the best part, Rubbermaid has agreed to give one of my readers their very own Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler. Enter using the Rafflecopter form below. The winner must be 18 or older and will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter and notified by email. The contest starts immediately and will end at 12:01 on 4/5/2012. Giveaway is open to US residents only.
*disclosure: I was provided with a free Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler by Rubbermaid to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.