Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Easily Track Food & Product Safety For Your Family

SheSpeaksbutton
Anyone who has children knows the worry of safety. What crib should I buy? It is safe enough for my child? What about this cute little toy, will my child choke on it? Does it contain lead paint? So when Shespeaks asked me if I wanted to try a new smartphone app called Recalls+, I said, "Yes!"

Now all parents can have some reassurance at the touch of their fingers. Using your smart phone, you can download an application called Recalls+. It is available in the iTunes store or on Google Play (formerly the Android Market). The best part, the application is free.

The application is simple to use. Once you have downloaded the application, you can register your information. You can create checklists based on:
  • Age
  • food allergens
  • or add any product 

Since my youngest child is 4, I made sure to register the things that came to mind first and had the largest safety risk.
  • Car seat
  • Toddler bed
  • electronic toys
  • booster seat
If any of the products that I registered with the application have a recall, I will be notified. Do you know what this means? It means no more searching through mile long recall emails or the internet to see if the car seat that I bought is one that is impacted in a specific recall.

I cannot stress enough how much of a stress reliever this application is. It is simple to use and will clearly take some time to add all of the children's items that I currently own, but once they are all in there, it will be simple to add new items that I purchase as I purchase them.

All of your tracked items will show up on your home screen. If one of your items has been recalled, you will have all of the details regarding the recall right at your finger tips. You can even share the information on Facebook and/or Twitter with the touch of your screen.

This is a must have for any parent. It is easy to install, use, and offers peace of mind when it comes to product safety for your children.


*disclaimer: I was asked to review this product through SheSpeaks and will be compensated for my post. All opinions above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment