Monday, October 15, 2012

WaxVac Review

My family has had the worst time with ear wax in their ears. I have sat in the hospital with my kids complaining of ear pain countless times. Every time the doctors would have to remove wax from their ears just to see their ear drums. Unfortunately, this was a gift from my husbands side of the family.

About a week ago, my husband started to complain that he could not hear and that he knew that his ears needed to be cleaned (Ick). So I pulled out the WaxVac and walked him through the steps. He has been using the WaxVac everyday since.


 You are probably asking what a WaxVac is a small handheld vacuum that is design to remove dirt and moisture from your ears. It is fairly quiet and is very easy to use. There are colored silicone attachments so anything that is going inside your ear is gentle and will not hurt the inside of your ear.


We had one mishap with the WaxVac, well maybe two but they were totally user error. One, my husband thought that he needed to stick two of the attachments together to "get a better reach." Well, the outer attachment came off in his ear ( he is so lucky I am a nice wife). It was easy to grab since it was not all inside his ear, but he certainly was afraid that he messed up and will not be trying that again. The other issue was also user error (this is where I am lucky that my husband does not read my blog). My husband told me that he was not getting anything wax out of his ears and he was disappointed that it was not working. So I asked him if he had been dumping out the little canister. His answer, "what canister?" Once I cleared up the misunderstandings, my husband was much happier with the WaxVac. He is getting  pieces of wax out of his ears and says that he is hearing better.

The Pros:
Easy to use
Quiet
Fairly effective at removing small pieces of wax, dirt, and moisture

Cons:
Will not remove all earwax



This is a safe and effective way to clean your ears. There is also a bottle of oil based solution that you can use to help break up wax inside your ears. Since the WaxVac ia designed for wet or dry pick ups, it is easy to add a few drops of the solution to your ears, allow it to sit, and then use the WaxVac to clean more effectively.


Disclaimer: I received the product described above at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and may vary from your own.

18 comments:

  1. We could totally use one of these! I have this problem and it seems both of my kids do too...I will definitely consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiance and I have a bad habit of using qtips. Our doctor has chewed us up on side and down the other. I've been looking at getting a WaxVac and your review just sold me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this. I deal w/ this in a horrible way (runs in the family) So I am gonna get myself & my dad one. I use the Q tips as well as my hubs & I know they are bad but the build up gets so bad for me that at times I can barely hear outta my left ear!! Great review & very honest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have never heard of one of these but definitely will look into it now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you purchase the oil that helps break up the wax in your ears? What's the brand name? Hubby has ears that get waxy very quickly. Would love to get something to help him out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you purchase the oil that helps break up the wax? Hubby gets wax buildup easily, and I would love to find something to help him take care of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell us more about the oil you use to help with wax buildup? Would love to purchase some for the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you purchase the oil that helps break up the wax? Hubby gets wax buildup easily, and I would love to find something to help him take care of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The liquid in this posting came with the WaxVac. There are several brands that are available in stores also. I know that Murine makes one. Check with your local drug store such as CVS, Walgreens, Wal-mart etc. There are over the counter liquids and kits that you can buy

      Delete
  9. ..i ordered a set on the phone when i first saw the commercial the one thing that irritated me is after the ordering process which took a few quite a few min ..but it didn't give a confirm or a total ..it just automatically goes through ...i hung up deciding i wanted to think about it more because the 10 dollar wax vac turned into almost 60 dollars ...but anyway ...i went ahead and ordered it online ..for some reason i received a email a few days later telling me that my order had been cancelled ..i then emailed them asking them why ..they only told me cause i had misordered i then placed another order again ...ALL REFUNDS WERE GIVEN!! 7 days later i received the phone order i forgot about that i thought that phone order did not go through ..when i emailed them about it they said return it right away but i chose to keep them ...i received a total of 4, 2 deluxe and 2 standard, the deluxe models have lights and you can control the speed one vac had the light working and the other light did not, but on one of the standard vacs the light worked ..it was very weird ...i emailed them and told them about it and they sent out a deluxe model right away ...this is a great company! with great service ..and a product that really really works ...thank you
    Nathan Bryan
    Pheonix1055@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WaxVac is a complete piece of junk. Does not work, has no suction. Total waste of money!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just use hydrogen peroxide people.. It's guaranteed safer than sticking plastic foreign objects in your ear with dubious results. HP will break up the wax in your ear if you let is sit there about a minute.. then tilt your ear down to let it drain out. Simple as that. If not effective the first time, reapply, repeat until the chunks of broken up and dissolving wax run out your ear canal. Simple as that. Forget the ear candles. I've tried those. They don't work. Hokey infomercial products with way-over dramatized products don't usually work either and like we can see end up costing WAY more than the "$10" claimed…. once the shipping and handling and "deluxe" options double, triple, or quadruple the price. What's the price of a bottle of common bacteria and battery-free Hydrogen Peroxide? Less than $5.. for real. And it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use hydrogen pEroxide too. It really does work. I use one of those baby nose suction things to put the peroxide in my ears, and then I hold a bowl next to my head and the earwax will pour out usually within the first 2-3 times you do it. It really is the cheapest and the best thing I have used for my ears.

      Delete
  12. I am so amazed at how people refuse to listen to the correct advice! Putting anything in your ear is a danger. The Wax Gland is always over stimulated by being pushed or scrapped by a q-tips and just causes more wax to be produced. No matter how careful you are a Q-Tip will only end up pushing most of the wax towards your ear drum and eventually will create a wall of wax on your ear drum and you will lose most of your hearing in that ear until it is removed. The doctor at the Ear Nose and Throat Clinic that we use, says once or twice a month, to just put a few drops of Johnson's Baby Oil in each ear at bedtime. turn your head and give each ear a chance to absorb the oil into the canal. The Oil dissolves the wax and it is absorbed into your body.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It works well enough for me. It won't remove all the wax from your ear but you don't want it to do that anyway. I wouldnt use any oils or drops because I would imagine that it would just hinder it. It removes loose debris like "ear potatoes" or foreign substances. I've been using mine for a week and its chainber has lots of wax chunks in it and even some little hairs! My ear was itching today so I used it and discovered some black stuff that I didnt even know was in my ear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad I found your blog today! I was just looking at these wax vacs yesterday & wondering if they actually worked.

    ReplyDelete