Friday, December 13, 2013

Presto Photo Book

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. If I could do one thing to create lasting memories, it would be to create my own personal books of cherished family memories. Sometimes memories are all we have of people and places that meant the most to us.


Printed photos are a treasure of the past since they are not easy to store and tend to take up a lot of room if placed in a photo book. Besides, not many people will pull out their old photo books to look through them.


Presto Photo is like many other sites. You can upload your photos and create your own compilation in a soft or hard cover book in several different styles. But, there is one place they stood out for me. I was able to upload a .pdf file to their site for printing and the timing was perfect.

To give you a short version.... about 15 years ago, my sister and I got together and compiled family photos and recipes and put together a family cookbook. The technology was very different then, so all of the cookbooks were color photocopies and held together with brass brads. After 20 years, the books are showing a lot of wear and tear and we felt it was time to upgrade. The catch is, I did not want to lose the original cookbook in the process.

I uploaded a scanned copy of my original photo book to Presto photo and voila! Cookbook is now saved in hardback form with all of the wear and tear showing just like my 20 year old paper copy. I love it. I was worried that I would not like the way it turned out, but it is so much fun to have and I cannot wait to print the newest version of our family cookbook when it is ready.

I ordered a hard copy book to ensure it would last for the next 20 years. I was very impressed with the quality of the pages. They are thick and have a nice sheen to them to help avoid my dirty finger smudges as I use the recipes inside. Because of the high quality, my family cookbook now has a nice weight and durability to it that I could not have had in my original version.

Now I just need a little more time to organize some old photos so I can create memory books out of them instead of keeping old shoe boxes filled. I would love to have a coffee table book printed next with some fun old family photos.
 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment