Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tide Coldwater Review @shespeaksup #washcold

SheSpeaksbutton

As a member of SheSpeaks I was sent a bottle of Tide Coldwater to review. Needless to say, I was excited when my bottle of Tide Coldwater showed up in my mailbox. It came at the perfect time too. I had a HUGE pile of clothes that were ready to test it out on.

First of all let me say, I have always had the mentality that clothes don't get clean unless you use warm or hot water. I wouldn't shower in cold water to get clean, it just seems wrong. I just had to get past that mentality. Tide Coldwater is designed for cold water, not warm.

First test, a load of darks. In this load, was muddy grass stained clothes from the 3 year old, and my husbands dark uniform pants for work covered in God knows what. I did everything I could to follow the directions for the first few loads. I carefully measured the laundry soap into the lid and poured it in. Then the hard part came, I switched the washer to use cold water instead of warm. When the load was done, I was very happy with the appearance of my clothes.They were clean, and smelled nice. I cant say they were stain free, but I did not pre-treat any stain in this load. They definitely were barely there, but they were still there.

The second load I tested was even braver than the first. I tossed in some blue jeans and white shirts. We all know that mixing dark colors and whites in the wash is a no-no. I followed the same steps by carefully measuring the Tide Coldwater, making sure the water setting was on cold and off it went.The clothes came out clean and bright, WOW! I was very surprised by the fact that the white shirts did not look gray.

I was not brave enough to mix reds with whites. I could see all of my husbands briefs coming out of the dryer pink if I attempted that. Maybe they wouldn't have, but I think my husband is grateful that I did not attempt it.

There are a couple of advantages to using cold water that you should be aware of. First, using cold water save you money. No hot water heater (gas or electric) to heat the water required. Less energy required also means that it is Future Friendly too.The other reason washing in Coldwater is beneficial is it will preserve the colors in your clothes. Think about it, warm or hot water makes the colors bleed. The cold water prevents that from happening and preserves the colors that we love.

Next time you are in need of laundry soap, grab a small bottle of Tide Coldwater and see what you think. It is available in power and liquid forms and also available in a HE formula.


**Disclaimer: I received compensation and a free bottle of Tide Coldwater from Tide as a member of Shespeaks. All opinions of this product are my own.

1 comment: