Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Color Me Crazy - Splat Washables Review


A few days ago I received two boxes of Splat Washables. I received a Hot 4 Pink and an Electric Blue. I immediately got to work using myself and a friend of the family as guinea pigs.  


When I opened the first box, I was a little surprised to see that this was came with a tube of color and a separate mascara style brush to apply the color. I was not sure I was going to like the applicator separate and not part of the actual container. It actually worked out well. It allows you to apply the color to the brush part only. If the wand had been part of the container, I think the process of applying the color would have been messier. 


I was the first person to use the splat. I am purposely leaving out photos of this due to the fact that when a forty year old has an opportunity to go crazy with color, it looks a little crazy. The second person to use the color was a teenage friend of my family. She very graciously offered her head as a testing ground. The product was easy to apply and any mistake made was even easier to correct with just water. What I did notice is that the color varies based on your hair color. The darker your hair, the darker the color appears, but it is clearly still visible. I can see this being a must have in my home for Halloween and other times we just want to add a little color expression to our hair.

I was very happy with the ease of use and the colors. They were bright and fun. What I did find is that you cannot leave a teenage girl alone with the Splat Washables. Here is what happens when you do (this is NOT a recommended use and the dog was not harmed in any way).

But I did get a great quote that fit perfectly "Blue Mohawk  (: it's pretty cool, don't even need shampoo to wash it out. Just water!" 

Splat also makes other varieties of hair color products. You can check out the entire product line on their website. While you are there you can grab a $1.00 off coupon on their website that is good through August 31st.



Disclaimer: I received this product to test to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
ZY33T9YJTPQJ

2 comments:

  1. That is so neat, I should get some for my son and Malteses lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!
    I really want to see the 40 year old.....I'm curious as to how crazy you went!

    ReplyDelete