Monday, September 23, 2013

Alphabet Flash Cards Review



As a parent of a child that has special needs, I am always looking for fun new ways to educate him. Not only do I struggle with his limited memory retention, but I also struggle with absence episodes, hyperactivity, and the inability for him to concentrate. The need for repetition in my household is high, but I really need help being creative and making learning fun too.

Using the Alphabet Flash Cards has been fun and easy to use. With a parent card and both capital and lowercase letters, I could teach in small segments to restrict the amount of new information. I know that sounds wrong, but it I provide too much information he get very frustrated and shuts down.



All of the flash cards have a nice big letter and a word starting with that letter on one side and a picture of the item on the other side. I started with the pictures since his level is around a 3 year old level. We have been practicing saying the words of the items in the pictures and then showing the letter on the other side. He is able to say most of the words correctly and we are working on recognising and saying the letters now.

Flash cards have always been a great learning tool and the Alphabet Flash Cards that I received are no different. I am very happy with the simplicity of the cards and the quality of the individual cards. 

 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment