Saturday, September 1, 2012

Arctic Zero Review


Who doesn't like ice cream?
I am sure that we can find a few people that cannot eat ice cream due to diabetes or maybe even lactose intolerance.

I recently had and opportunity to try Arctic Zero ice cream. It is an ice cream that is designed to be low calorie and has a low glycemic index. What does that mean? It means that it is designed to be a cool treat and has a sugar content that is safe for diabetics. Arctic Zero is also suitable for lactose intolerance.

There are several flavors available.
  • Chocolate
  • Mint Chocolate Cookie
  •  Chocolate Peanut Butter
  • Coffee
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Strawberry
  • Vanilla Maple
  • Bars are available in 4 packs in Orange cream/ Strawberry or Chocolate/ Vanilla

Living in a house with a diabetic, Arctic Zero was an ideal treat for dessert. My husband dug in immediately. He very graciously shared a bite or two with me once in a while. I was even allowed to try the ice cream bars. After trying all of the flavors over a couple of weeks my husband said he liked the Mint Chocolate Cookie flavor the best and my favorite was the Coffee flavor.

I think that the ice cream needs to sit out for a few minutes before serving. It is a little hard straight out of the freezer. I found that if we tossed one of the containers in the microwave for a few seconds it was perfect. I loved the consistency of the ice cream. It was creamy and smooth (after letting sit for a few minutes) and reminded me a lot of the consistency of a chocolate malt at a baseball game.


Arctic Zero is perfect just the way it is unless you ask my kids. They wanted it in an ice cream cone, or with whipped cream and caramel on top. My family actually really enjoyed having a treat that we knew was not loaded with sugar. Arctic Zero gave us an opportunity to sit down together as a family and enjoy a sweet treat as a family.Knowing that I can find Arctic Zero in my local grocery store is a plus too.

*Disclaimer: I received Arctic Zero for free to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and may differ from your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment