Friday, September 7, 2012

28 Day Mascara Review



I get up every morning and perform my morning rituals. I am a natural make up gal, but I refuse to leave home without it. I recently had an opportunity to try a product called 28 Day Mascara and I think I am in love.

The product is designed to provide dark eyelashes for up to 28 days if applied correctly. Now don;t get me wrong, the application process is a little more touchy than applying regular mascara. One little hand wiggle without preparation and you will have a black streak for a few days.

I started the process by reading every little word on the instruction sheet. Of course, I skipped the allergy test. I was not going to wait 24 hours to test this stuff out. That probably was not the smartest thing to do, but I am slightly impatient.

The first step is truly being prepared. I washed my eye lashes with an oil free facial cleanser and applied a little, and I mean a little, petroleum jelly under my eye (not on the lashes) and on my upper lid. According to the directions, this helps prevent stains if you have an oops. It also helps the eye shields stay in place to protect under your eyes.

Once I had my lashes cleaned, my skin protected, and the eye shields in place I got to work. I applied the cream color on my upper lashes of my right eye first. This was not an easy task, but I managed. The applicator is a small wand that is plastic so it does not want to hold liquid. I quickly wiped the color off the applicator and applied the activator. Whew, this was hard work! I do not have a steady hand and I did not want to walk around with a black eye for the next several days. I made sure to repeat the process with my lower lashes on my right eye, then I moved to my left.

My natural lashes are almost blond, so one application appeared to be enough for me. It did not take me too long to apply the colorant and activator to both sets of eye lashes. It took a total of about 10 minutes with prep time. Which I thought was pretty decent for something that is going to last several weeks.  I am very happy with the results and so far I have made it 12 days without reapplying any form of mascara. Yeah!

Disclaimer: I received the product described above free of charge. All opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way. Your opinions and results may vary from my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment